There are a large number of custom classes available in Astonishing ACKS. Listed below are available options, along with links to game rules describing each class.
- Download: Astonishing ACKS Class Summary
- Fighter (STR): A swordsman, bowman, or other warrior type.
- Mage (INT): A powerful spellcaster who memorizes arcane formulae.
- Cleric (WIS): An armed and armoured warrior-priest. (Principally worship Xathoqqua; see also the Empyrean gods and Skandik deities.)
- Thief (DEX): A nimble rogue possessed of numerous specialized skills. (Note my house rule for Thievery Skills.)
- Assassin (STR, DEX): A stealthy combatant who specializes in murder and intrigue.
- Barbarian (STR, CON): An outland warrior possessed of feral instincts.
- Beastlord (STR, WIS): Barbarian warrior/shaman with a primal connection to his totem animal.
- Berserker (STR, CON): A rampaging shock trooper renowned for unbridled battle rage.
- Corsair (STR, DEX): An explorer of the high seas; a seafaring pirate and buccaneer.
- Monk (WIS, DEX, CON, CHR): An ascetic warrior who strives for physical and mental mastery.
- Ranger (STR, DEX): Sharp-eyed Keltic (or Kimmeri-Kelt) archers with a deep connection to nature.
- Scout (STR, DEX): A borderland fighter, frontiersman, and wilderness warrior.
- Valkyrie/Shieldmaiden (STR, WIS): Legendary warrior-women who are granted divine powers by their patron deity. (Shieldmaiden requires referee consent.)
- Varangian (STR, CHR): Skandik warrior-merchants who travel the maritime and river trade routes.
- Weapon Master (STR, WIS): A warrior dedicated to the mastery of a specific weapon type.
- Warlock (STR, INT): A spell-weaving fighter who wields both steel and sorcery.
- Half-Breed Spellsword (STR, INT): Hyperborean half-breed trained in both martial combat and arcane spellcasting. (Requires referee consent.)
- Pyromancer (INT): A specialist mage who manipulates the elemental power of fire.
- Cryomancer (INT): A specialist mage who manipulates the elemental power of ice.
- Illusionist (INT): A specialist mage who evokes phantasms and manipulates shadows and light.
- Enchanter (INT): A subtle specialist who deals in charms and enchantments.
- Necromancer (INT): A specialist mage who practices black magic and deals with the undead. (Requires referee consent.)
- Vivimancer (INT): A specialist mage who studies the arcane manipulation of biological life. (Requires referee consent.)
- Sea Blood Alchemist (INT): A specialist in alchemy and transmogrification with Deep One ancestry. (Requires referee consent.)
- Bladedancer (WIS, DEX): Graceful and deadly warrior-women dedicated to Ianna’s war goddess aspect. (Requires referee consent.)
- Cultist/Priestess (WIS, CHR): A devoted mystic of prodigious spellcasting capacity. (Priestess requires referee consent.)
- Druid (WIS, CHR): The spiritual and ofttimes governing leaders of Keltic tribes and communities.
- Shaman (WIS): A primal spellcaster who confers with ancestral and totem spirits.
- Witch (WIS, CHR): Powerful spellcasters of ancient traditions who draw on multiple supernatural forces.
- Xathoqquan Sorcerer-Priest (INT, WIS): Combine arcane spellcasting with divine powers from their antemundane patron.
- Bard/Skald (DEX, CHR): Keltic or Skandik warrior, scholar, and weaver of enchanted lyrics and/or music.
- Delver (DEX): A cunning and ofttimes underhanded subterranean explorer.
- Purloiner (DEX, WIS): A thief who practices the divine magic of a cleric.
- Spellfilch (DEX, INT): An adept thief who also commands the power of sorcery.
- Venturer (CHR): An adventurous world traveler, seeking out exotic goods and new markets. (Requires referee consent.)
- Atlantean Dungeoneer (DEX, INT): Atlantean half-breed with a predilection for mechanical devices. (Requires referee consent.)