In addition to the basic gear available from the BFRPG rulebook, additional equipment can be selected from the lists provided here:
Some house rules to note:
- First, several new post-apocalyptic themed armour types have been added, as detailed below.
- Second, all armour types have been divided into three categories – light, medium, and heavy – that relate to armour proficiencies and encumbrance.
- Third, I like shields and I don’t think they get enough love in the core rules. I’ve divided shields into four types: bucklers, small shields, large shields, and tower shields. Each has slightly different attributes, as noted below.
- Finally, armour and shields limits mobility, reducing an agile wearer’s ability to dodge blows. This is reflected as a maximum Dexterity bonus to AC that a given type of armour or shield allows.
The low-tech armours and shields listed below are additional types that can be manufactured by Affiliation armoursmiths (sometimes using common pre-Fall materials, such as tire treads or electrical wires). As reflected in the pricing, heavy armours are rare; the best that most communities can fabricate on their own are the leather/hide-based types and shields.
|Skins / Furs||5 gp||12||+5||10 lbs|
|Leather Jacket||10 gp||12||+5||8 lbs|
|Leather Armour||20 gp||13||+4||15 lbs|
|Hide Armour / Thick Furs||25 gp||14||+3||25 lbs|
|Studded Leather||30 gp||14||+3||20 lbs|
|Chain / Wireweave Shirt||50 gp||14||+3||20 lbs|
|Tire Tread Armour||100 gp||15||+2||35 lbs|
|Chain Mail||150 gp||15||+2||30 lbs|
|Cord Armour / Wireweave||175 gp||15||+2||25 lbs|
|Metal Breastplate||300 gp||16||+1||40 lbs|
|Plate Metal||600 gp||17||+0||50 lbs|
|Buckler||15 gp||+1||+6||5 lbs|
|Small Shield||10 gp||+1||+4||10 lbs|
|Large Shield||20 gp||+2||+2||15 lbs|
|Tower Shield||30 gp||+2/+3||+1||45 lbs|
The following armours are constructed by skilled Affiliation craftsmen using special materials.
|Arachnofibre Shirt||75 gp||12||+7||3 lbs|
| Plant Fibre /
|30 gp||13||+4||15 lbs|
|Arachnofibre Robes||150 gp||13||+6||5 lbs|
|Chitin Armour||80 gp||14||+3||20 lbs|
|Newsteel Scale Mail||1,500 gp||14||+4||20 lbs|
|Newsteel Breastplate||2,000 gp||16||+2||30 lbs|
|Duralloy Breastplate *||8,000 gp||16||+0||50 lbs|
|Newsteel Plate Armour||4,000 gp||17||+1||40 lbs|
|Duralloy Plate Armour *||15,000 gp||17||+0||65 lbs|
|Duralloy Large Shield *||500 gp||+2||+1||25 lbs|
|Duralloy Tower Shield *||10,000 gp||+2/+3||+0||55 lbs|
* A duralloy breastplate or large shield provides DR 1, while
durallloy plate armour or a tower shield provides DR 2.
The following armours are beyond the capability of Affiliation armoursmiths and must be discovered during play or purchased from merchants dealing in Ancient artifacts (typically at exorbitant cost).
Relic armours typically provide Damage Resistance in addition to improving the wearer’s Armour Class. The DR of each suit is indicated on the table below.
|Fabristeel Shirt||3,000 gp||12||+7||DR 1|
|Fabristeel Jumpsuit||4,500 gp||13||+6||DR 2|
|Sports Gear||750 gp||14||+3||15 lbs|
|Enhanced Sports Gear||1500 gp||15||+3||25 lbs|
|Battle Armour||25,000 gp||16||+1||DR 5|
|Unisoldier Armour||40,000 gp||17||+0||DR 5|
|Plastex Riot Shield||600 gp||+2/+3||+0||20 lbs|