Atlanteans are medium-built men of glaucous complexion, black or brown hair, aquiline features, and pale grey or yellow eyes. These are the scattered remnants of a nearly extinct race whose origins trace back to Old Earth’s antediluvian Atlantis. The Atlanteans of old produced many wonders of super-science, and their descendants are skilled in crafts and lore.
True Atlanteans are obsessed with maintaining the purity of their blood, but despite rumours to the contrary they can in fact interbreed with the other races of man. Some degenerate Atlanteans have even bred with Deep Ones; their progeny are tainted Sea Blood Hybrids.
All Atlantean classes require minimum Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores of 9 or better.
Class Category Values
Fighting: Atlanteans with narrow or broad weapon selections must include tridents (a type of polearm) and at least three other spears & polearms among their selections. Atlantean custom classes with a restricted weapon selection can select tridents as an allowed weapon.
Divine: Atlanteans who reach a Divine caster level of 9th or higher are eligible to create Constructs as if they were 11th level clerics.
Value Atlantean XP Cost 4 Atlantean + 4 proficiencies 1350 3 Atlantean + 3 proficiencies 850 2 Atlantean + 2 proficiencies 550 1 Atlantean + 1 proficiency 350 0 Atlantean Half-Breed 75
When building a Atlantean custom class, assign between 0 and 4 build points to the class’s Atlantean Value. All Atlanteans gain the following custom powers:
- Divine Blessing: As the favoured of the Empyrean powers, Atlantean characters receive a +2 bonus to all saving throws. (+1 for half-breeds.)
- Blood of Kings: The blood of ancient kings and heroes flows in every Atlantean. The character may hire one more henchman than his Charisma would otherwise permit, and the base morale score of any henchmen is increased by 1.
- Heroic Spirit: Because of the Atlantean’s strong spirit, the maximum class level for any Atlantean class is increased by 1.
- Longevity: Atlanteans enjoy a lifespan longer than that of normal men, and can live 130 years or more – use the ‘Halfling’ entry from ACKS p.250 for age categories. (Half-breeds have about the same lifespan as normal humans.)
- Atlantean Tongues: In addition to fluency in Common (and Literacy), Atlanteans speak Hellenic (Atlantean) and one other language of choice (often Amazonian or Hyperborean).
“Atlantean 0” represents a half-breed, whose blood has become diluted with common humans. Correspondingly, their Atlantean physical traits are more subdued.
Additional points allocated to the Atlantean Value represents the Atlantean expertise in crafts and lore. Each point provides one bonus general proficiency as well as a +1 bonus on proficiency throws and thief skills.
Experience Point Progression
Atlanteans increase the amount of experience required to gain each level after 8th by 20,000 XP (+10,000 XP for half-breeds).